Queen of Hearts

Well, isn't this weather just the absolute thing for sewing mindlessly and covering yourself in a million blankets whilst drinking hot chocolate?




















Here are the first batch of hearts, which had to be altered slightly when the pinking shears I had point blank refused to cut through felt. They are craft ones rather than dressmaking ones which just goes to show that sometimes it is crucial to have the right kit. Usually my attitude is more along the lines of 'Oh it'll do/give it a whirl/press all the buttons until something happens.' 99% of the time this gets me through, but sadly not in the world or scissorage.




















This also gave me an opportunity to use the entirely whil
e canvas in my garden to highlight the colours, although I have discovered that felt is really difficult to get in focus, it's sort of naturally unfocused. Much like myself. Of course going in the snow means breaking out the wellies (never a problem) and that means using my new Peter Storm wellington boot socks. Oh now I love that these exist. They go on over your trousers, then put on the wellies, folding the remaining sock over the tops. Just fabulous!

Tonight we are going to have a classic toad in the hole, stick to your ribs sort of food that makes it worth having three inches of ice dumped on your world!


1 comment:

Catherine said...

They're gorgeous. I want to eat them! What will you do with them? Love the pic of them with the socks - nice bit of photography!